A frozen evaporator coil reduces the efficiency of your air conditioner, and it causes your AC to stop. If you have this problem, you will not get cool and conditioned air from your system. If you have any AC related issues, you must hire an expert. New York has hot and humid summers, and you will get many service providers that offer Air Conditioning Repair in Long Island, Smithtown, Northport, and other areas of New York. Choose the best service for your air conditioner because an experienced name can also cause many damages to your AC.
The evaporator coil absorbs the latent heat in the surrounding air to reduce its temperature. It also reduces the ability of air for holding the moisture in vapour form. So, the vapor turns into liquid and falls on the coil, and drips in the catch pan. The coil has a temperature above freezing, and this causes the possibility of ice forming on the coil. Over time, the coil gets covered by ice. So, the evaporator coil does not absorb the latent heat from the air, reducing its cooling efficiency. Airflow blockage is another concern for your air conditioning system. Airflow blockage can cause the frozen coil issue also.
How to solve the problem:
The easiest way to get rid of this problem is to call an air conditioning expert. You will get many names when you search for Air conditioning repair services in Smithtown, Northport, Long Island, and other places in New York.
Steps to follow:
- Turn off your air conditioner first and let the ice turn into liquid. You must shut down the circuit breaker to turn off your system.
- Your system may need at least 24 hours to complete the process.
- You can also use a hairdryer if you want to speed up the process.
- Make sure that you should not overheat any parts of the unit to protect your system.
- If the problem is moderate, you can set your HVAC unit to fan-only mode. The air from the blower fan can melt the ice.
Check the airflow:
- Ensure that your AC system has adequate airflow. A clogged air filter can also cause the frozen evaporator coil.
- Replace your air filter to improve the airflow.
- Your evaporator coil must be free from dust and debris.
- Clean your evaporator coil also. Call HVAC experts who can perform this job finely.
Check any physical damage:
your evaporator coil may get damaged. So, check whether the coil has bent coil fins, dented pipes, damaged fitting, or more. Call an HVAC expert to repair the problem. You cannot perform this task on your own. Search for Air Conditioning Repair Long in Island if you live in that area. A location-based search will help you get a service provider close to your residence.
Ask your service provider to check the refrigerant level also. Low refrigerant levels can also cause the same problem. Call an HVAC expert and solve the issue. JetAirCo is a renowned HVAC service provider in New York and has been in the field for many years. If you need quality services with prompt response, you can contact us. We offer a complete HVAC solution. Check our Air conditioning repair services in Smithtown, Northport, and other areas of New York.