ACs are becoming increasingly important due to global warming. Before rushing into buying one, know a few tips to keep in mind. Jetairco discusses a few facts.
All you need to know:
An air conditioner can be a costly purchase. You don’t buy that every day. As a result, you need to make well-informed decisions while investing in an air conditioner. You also need to keep in touch with a reputed air conditioning maintenance service like Jetairco so regular maintenance and repairs after making your purchase. Jetairco is one of the best air conditioner repair services in New York. We also operate in Long Island, Smithtown, Hauppauge and Northport.
Burying a big appliance like an air conditioner is not only a big investment in financial terms. It is also important with regards to your health as well. It also affects the temperature and air quality of the surroundings.
What are the benefits of having an air conditioner?
Jetairco believes that having an air conditioner at your home is really beneficial. Being one of the best air conditioning maintenance services in Long Island and New York, we give you some details.
Air conditioners keep pests away from your home. They have filters that keep out the bugs. This helps in keeping your house clean. Air conditioning is good for asthma patients. It keeps dirt and dust away. This improves the quality of air. It also helps in your breathing.
Proper air conditioning improves your sleep cycle. It also makes your home less noisy. It also makes your life comfortable. It enhances your health. Air conditioners reduce sweating. This prevents dehydration of your body.
Know these things before purchasing:
- Take note of the capacity of the air conditioner. You need to buy the size that is right for the size of your room. Your AC should operate according to its capacity. Putting extra stress can harm its life span.
- Make sure the air conditioner is energy efficient. You don’t want to pay a huge sum of money for high power consumption. Take note of the star rating of the AC.
- Also try to know about the maintenance costs. You need to maintain and repair your air conditioner at regular intervals. You also need to get in touch with reputed air conditioner repair services.
- Choose between a split AC or a window AC. Window ACs are cheaper. They are also easy to install. But split ACs are more recommended for bigger spaces. They also reduce the noise level of the room.
- Make sure your air conditioner has good quality air filters. It should be able to keep out odors and smoke. It should be able to keep out dust and dirt. It should also reduce the pollution level in the room.
- Keep note of the tonnage of the AC. It can also be called its cooling capacity. Tonnage is measured by the amount of heat required to melt a ton of ice in 24 hours. The higher the tonnage, the better the cooling. For your reference, 1 ton AC is sufficient for a room of size 100 to 120 square feet. Use a 1.5 ton AC for a bigger room.
- Keep an account of the budget you want to invest. Make sure you get the perfect features in that price range.
If you are in Smithtown, Hauppauge, Northport, Long Island or New York, feel free to reach out to Jetairco for your air conditioning maintenance work. Talk to us to know more!