Millions of homeowners say that an electric boiler heating system is a more efficient and eco-friendly alternative to the traditional gas boiler. However, an electric boiler is more costly than a gas boiler as electricity is always expensive than natural gas.
Besides, a gas boiler lasts more than an electric boiler. Are you one of those homeowners who struggle to decide whether to choose a gas boiler or electric boiler? If yes, then the good news is for you as here the JetAirCo boiler repair service professional provides a short guide on electric boiler vs. gas boiler.
Definition of Gas Boiler:
A gas boiler burns gas to warm water for your house. Through pipes, the hot water is then moved to the radiators to provide heat. Besides, you can transport hot water via a cylinder or use water taps to get the hot water.
Either by natural gas or liquid petroleum gas (LPG), you can turn on the gas boiler. The gas boiler comes with an underground network to fill fuel. However, the LPG boiler uses a cylinder to store fuels.
Definition of an Electric Boiler:
An electric boiler uses electricity and is directly supplied to the radiators, water taps, or cylinder to heat water. Electric boiler provides fast work; however, it’s much expensive than a gas boiler. Hence, if you have a tight budget, JetAirCo boiler repair service professional suggests you opt for a gas boiler.
Electric Boiler Vs. Gas Boiler: Advantages and Disadvantages:
Let’s understand which boiler system will be perfect for your place.
- Repair and replacements are simple
- Inexpensive compared to electric boiler
- A gas boiler heating system is always available
- Can fulfill massive demand for heating and warm water
- 90 out of 100 homeowners rely upon a gas boiler.
- Many homeowners claim that installation is expensive.
- Not every house is connected to the gas grid network.
- There’s always a risk of gas leaks. Fortunately, you can avoid the risk if you complete the installation process with a professional expert, like JetAirCo.
- There’s no need to place the electric boiler beside an outside wall as it doesn’t come with a flue or gas waste pipe.
- Not necessary to schedule annual maintenance.
- Compact in size
- set up process can be inexpensive
- Smooth operation
- Need to add extra functions that can be costly
- JetAirCo suggests installing an electric boiler might not be able to fulfill your all demands if you have a large home or residence.
- Electricity production can create a large amount of carbon.
- Power cuts can negatively impact the heating system.
Electric Boiler Vs. Gas Boiler: Installation and Running Cost
As per experts, the installation cost of a gas boiler is much lesser than an electric boiler. However, it totally depends on the job complexity and your service provider.
Bear in mind, many factors decide the installation cost, like the price of the gas boiler or electric boiler itself. As said earlier, more gas boilers are available on the market. Therefore, it’s possible to find an inexpensive gas boiler than an electric boiler.
Besides, gas boilers are typically less expensive to run. As per USwitch (an HVAC professional), a gas boiler can be up to 5 times less costly than an electric boiler.
Electric Boiler Vs. Gas Boiler: Energy Efficiency
Electric boilers consume less energy; hence many homeowners might believe that this type of heating system is more efficient. However, it’s not true. An electric boiler produces a carbon-intensive, ultimately polluted environment more than a gas boiler. On the other hand, if you properly use the gas boiler system, this can save up to 30 % of your energy bill.
Electric Boiler Vs. Gas Boiler: Annual Maintenance
The gas boiler needs annual maintenance to ensure that it operates at peak efficiency. Geeting, yearly maintenance from a reliable service, like JetAirCo, will always give you mental satisfaction.
On the other hand, an electric boiler doesn’t have such a requirement. This heating system is designed with fewer repairing components.
JetAirCo is here to help you
JetAirCo boiler repair service can help you decide which one will be most suitable for your place. A professional JetAirCo technician will provide you with the best heating system by making a partnership with famous brands. Hence, instantly contact us if you live near Hauppauge, Smithtown, Northport, and Long Island, New York.