Over 30% of all New York house owners now use a heat pump, making it New York’s most popular heating system. This is because, unlike a standard heating system, a heat pump doesn’t only produce warm air but also changes and circulates cold air as per the environment.
If you want to get the peak performance, it’s essential to understand; one heat pump doesn’t fit all. Picking up the suitable model for your residence, regularly maintaining it will save your thousands of bills and repair cost.
In this guide, JetAirCo will walk you through some essential tips to consider while buying a new heat pump. However, if you already have one, then the passage will help you maintain your heat pump well. For quick assistance, you can rely upon JetAirCo Heat Pump Service if you stay near Hauppauge, Smithtown, Northport, and Long Island, New York.
Working Principle of a Heating System
During the winter, a heat pump will absorb warm air from the outside and circulate hot air inside your home. Now, when it’s warm outside, the heat pump starts behaving like an AC and circulating cold air inside your home.
Most people opt for a heat pump during the cold months as it only takes 15-20 minutes to heat your room. However, if any problem arises, you can quickly get in touch with JetAirCo Heat Pump Repair Services.
Split-System Heat Pump
In New York, the USA split-system heat pump is the most popular heating system. This type of heat pump is specifically designed to heat a single room. Bear in mind; a split-system heat pump will not warm your entire house. Hence, if you need to cover a large space, you can opt for a ducted multi-heat pump system.
Ducted Multi-Heat Pump System
If you install a ducted multi-heat pump system in your house, it will circulate cold/warm throughout every corner of your place. However, to install this heat pump system, you have to spend a large amount of money.
Does Heat Pumps Save Money?
A heat pump can work effectively in both cold & warm weather. As per JetAirCo professional, the heat pump system can significantly reduce your electric bills compared to the standard heating system.
Remember that the running cost of a heat pump depends on its energy output & how long you use it. As per a recent survey, if you utilize a heat pump 6 hours daily for six months with 6kW energy output, it can save your money around $550 a year.
Tactics to Save Money using the Heat Pump
In the previous section, we have already mentioned that a heat pump heating system can save up to $ 550 per year. However, to cut down costs, you must use some tactics to properly operate your heat pump. Following are the points that will help you a lot to do so.
- The simplest way to reduce running costs is to keep the thermostat settings low. Don’t ever keep the thermostat settings at high. Remember that the maximum setting will not heat your room quickly but consume more energy.
- Follow a routine and clean the indoor & outdoor heat pump filter frequently. JetAirCo suggests cleaning the filter at least once a month. If you don’t know how to perform the task, call JetAirCo Heat Pump Service.
- Repair your heat pump before winter. As, during the summer, you need to spend an additional amount of money for repairs.
- Only heat your used room and always close the unused rooms after turning on the heat pump.
- To quickly warm your place, keep the windows and door closed.
- Utilize the timer function 20 minutes before you turn on your heat pump.
- If possible, make your home insulated.
Undoubtedly, we always want to save money and spend the least amount on installing, maintaining, and repairing costs. Fortunately, with JetAirCo Heat Pump Repair Service, you can fix all pump heating-related queries at a pocket-friendly price. Therefore, if you stay near Hauppauge, Smithtown, Northport, and Long Island, New York, please give us a chance to become your service partner.